Pleasanton Sportspark, Parkside Drive
Marty Florian – 925-984-6540
Teams must register at check-in. Check-in is on Friday evening (July 28)
Time: 5:30 pm – 9 pm sharp!
Hyatt House – 4545 Chabot Dr, Pleasanton, CA 94588
Failure to check-in will result in automatic disqualification from the tournament (with no refund). Games not played will be considered “forfeits”.
At the Mandatory Check-in, teams must provide the following required credentials:
Laminated Player Passes: USYSA, Super Y-League or US CLUB SOCCER laminated player passes with the player’s signature (for States that require signatures) and photo for all players will be required at initial check-in.
Signed Medical Release Forms will be required for all players at initial check-in.
Proper Travel Papers (if applicable) and Approved Rosters must be filed with appropriate state organizations and presented at check-in.
Coaches/Team Officials: Coaches and/or team official must present proper credentials (passes) for team check-in. Only credentialed coaches / team officials will be permitted on the sideline with the team.
U9 – U10 Teams: 7 v 7 format
*may register a maximum of fourteen (14) players.
U11 – U12 Teams: 9 v 9 format
*may register a maximum of sixteen (16) players.
* may use up to five (5) guest players. No player may compete in the tournament in two age groups or two different teams in the same weekend. Guest players must have completed guest player approval documentation to be eligible to play.
U13 – U14 Teams : 11 v 11 format
*may register a maximum of eighteen (18) players.
* may use up to seven (7) guest players. No player may compete in the tournament in two age groups in the same weekend. Guest players must have completed guest player approval documentation to be eligible to play.
U9 through U14 girls teams
All matches will use referees certified by the soccer federation.
RULES OF THE GAME
All games will adhere to the rules set forth by FIFA with the following additions/clarifications:
Each team is to report to the Field Marshal at their assigned playing field for safety and credential check no later than thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of each scheduled game. Any player not providing the proper player pass will not be allowed to participate in the game. Player jersey number must match the jersey number on the game card. If the numbers don’t match, the referee is not to allow the player to take part in the match until this issue is resolved. The Field Marshal will report the results of the inspection to the referee. All games will begin on time. A team who fails to report by the scheduled kick-off will forfeit the game.
GAME CARDS AND PLAYER PASSES:
Game cards will be provided at the field by the Field Marshal. The Field Marshal will hold the game card and the player passes during the game. Player passes will be released to the team at the conclusion of the game when authorized to do so by the referee in charge and after both coaches have signed the card.
The Home Team is the first team listed on the game schedule and will change jerseys in case of a color conflict. If a Showcase ball is not available, the Home Team will provide a suitable match ball. The game ball will be subject to referee approval.
LENGTH OF GAMES:
U9 – U10: two 25 minute halves
U11 – U14: two 30 minutes halves
In Final games, if tied after regulation, two complete 5-minute overtimes will be played. If the score remains tied after overtimes, then FIFA kicks from the penalty mark will determine the champion
U9 – U10 Teams: Goal kicks will be taken at the top of the 18 yard box. Corner kicks and off-sides are in effect
PLAYERS’ EQUIPMENT :
All players are required to wear shin guards at all times. No shin guards – NO PLAY! Dangerous equipment and devices are not allowed. Players wearing dangerous equipment or devices including, but not limited to, orthopedic casts, air splints, metal splints and hinged knee braces are not eligible to participate in any game.
FIFA substitution rules apply, with the exception that unlimited substitutions may be made at the discretion of the referee. Substitution can be made at any dead ball situation, by either team, Unlimited
A team who fails to report ready to play by the scheduled kick-off time or who cannot field a minimum of five (5) players for U9 – U10, six (6) players for U11 – U12 or seven (7) players for U13 – U14 at start time will forfeit. Teams failing to check in at the Mandatory Check-in or for taking actions which cause a game to be terminated will forfeit. All teams who forfeit will have the game(s) scored a 0-1 loss. The winner will be awarded seven points (six for the win and one for a goal).
FINAL GAME SCORE:
All games when concluded will be considered final as determined by the game referee. The score indicated on the game card cannot be disputed after it is turned over to the Field Marshal. Field Marshals will report match results to the tournament headquarters. Referees will report ejections to tournament headquarters.
Teams will be awarded points on the following basis:
Six (6) points for each Win
Three (3) points for each Tie
Zero (0) points for each Loss
One (1) point for each goal scored (maximum three per game)
One (1) point for each shutout.
Minus 1 (-1) point for each red card per game (players & coaches)
TIE BREAKER RULES:
- Head to Head (where applicable)
2.Goal differential (goals scored versus goals against with a maximum of 5 goal differential per game)
- Fewest goals allowed
- Most goals scored (maximum of 5 per game)
- Red Cards (team with most is eliminated)
- FIFA kicks from the mark
PLACEMENT IN DIVISIONS:
Division of 16: 4 Groups of 4 – Each team will play three games in their own bracket. 4 bracket winners will advance. Bracket winner teams with the top 2 highest points play in the championship. Remaining 2 bracket winners play in the consolation.
Division of 12: 3 Groups of 4 – Each team will play three games in their own bracket. 3 bracket winners and the next highest point finishing team will advance. Bracket winner teams with the top 2 highest points play in the championship. The other bracket winner and the next team with highest points play in the consolation.
Division of 8: 2 groups of 4- Each team will play 3 games within a 4-team bracket. The bracket winners will play for the championship. The 2nd place bracket teams will play a consolation game.
Division of 6: 2 groups of 3- Each team will play three games against the other group. The top 2 point teams overall will play in a final match.
Division of 4: 1 group of 4. Each team will play three games against other teams in the flight. Top two point teams will play in the final match. There will not be a consolation game in this group of 4 teams.
*This division is based solely on points to help avoid the possibility of teams replaying one another.
Awards for U9 – U14 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place players will be awarded except for Divisions of 4 or 6—no 3rd place medals. Team trophies will also be given to 1st and 2nd place teams. No 3rd place medals in Divisions of 4 or 6 teams.
No protests will be accepted. The referee’s decision is final.
DECISIONS AND DISPUTES:
Decisions relating to the interpretation of the Showcase Rules can only be made by the Showcase Director. Decisions will be final.
Disputes relating to the interpretation of these rules will be resolved by the Showcase Director or his designee with the administrators/coaches that are registered with the involved team(s). Individuals may not represent a team if not registered as an administrator/coach with the involved team(s).
Game conduct is under the jurisdiction of the referee and the Showcase will not overrule a referee’s decision.
RULES OF CONDUCT:
The following rules of conduct apply:
- Bench areas for each team will be established on the same side of the field during games. Spectators will occupy the opposite side. Coaching will be allowed from one’s own bench area only.
- All coaches have complete responsibility for the conduct of their players, bench, friends and spectators at all times.
- If, in the opinion of game officials, a game must be terminated for misconduct of players, bench or spectators, the offending team can be suspended from further play and forfeit that game and all remaining games. In this event, all previous points earned remain as played.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted on the Showcase grounds. Team members or Team parents found in violation of this rule will result in forfeiture of the games played by their respective team and suspension from the Showcase.
- A player given a red card in a game shall be expelled from that game, shall not be replaced in that game and shall not be permitted to play in the next game, as a minimum. The Showcase Disciplinary Chairman may give a further suspension for violent conduct. Individuals expelled from a game will have their State Association sent the specifics regarding the expulsion and the action taken by the Showcase Director and/or Disciplinary Chairperson. Coaches ejected from a match will receive an automatic two game suspension (minimum disciplinary action) and can’t position themselves at or near their team’s matches during their suspension. Minimum distance away is 300 yards.
- Teams are responsible for removing trash from around their area after each game.
RESCHEDULE OF GAMES:
In the event of an unusual event that results in a significant loss of game time, the lost game time may be rescheduled at the discretion of the Showcase Directors. The rescheduling of the lost game time is subject to field availability. An example of an unusual event would be a major injury to a player, which prevented the use of the playing field. The Showcase defines a significant loss of game time as more than half of the game. An accumulation of time delays due to minor/moderate injuries to several players would not constitute an unusual event nor will these delays be considered lost game time. An accumulation of time delays resulting from the normal course of a game will not be considered lost game time. A game will be considered official when one half has been played. When only one half can be played, the official score will be the score at the end of the first half.
In case of inclement weather or field conditions, games may be: shortened, go to FIFA penalty kicks, or be cancelled.
There will be no refunds or reimbursements of the Showcase application fee for cancellation or forfeiture of games.
- The Showcase Director reserves the right to amend brackets in the event that a team pulls out of the Showcase last minute or is a no-show. The Showcase Director will ensure the remaining teams are provided with the best possible showcase competition play for the good of the game.
- Please remember to get your player cards back from the Field Marshall at the end of each game.
- Red cards must be retrieved from the venue where the red card was issued.