Teams will play three full-length games during the showcase (one game per day). Points will be awarded for each game played, to account for overall standings. There is no championship or consolation game in this “showcase” format. No awards will be given.
Teams must check in ONLINE.
Failure to check in will result in automatic disqualification from the Showcase (with no refund). Games not played will be considered “forfeits”.
Online Check-in Deadline: Must be completed before 12 noon on Friday, July 19, 2024.
Please contact Kevin Wiest for all check-in related questions at: email@example.com
ROSTERS & GUEST PLAYERS:
Teams may register a maximum of twenty-six (26) players with a maximum of eighteen (18) players eligible for each game. A team may use up to seven (7) guest players (from outside the club). Players may play with more than one team if they are not in the same age and division, if needed. Players may not play in more than two games per day. Guest players must have completed guest player approval documentation to be eligible to play.
U15, U16, U17, and U19 girls teams
All matches will use referees certified by USSF
RULES OF THE GAME
All games will adhere to the rules set forth by FIFA with the following additions/clarifications:
Each team is to report to the Field Marshal at their assigned playing field for safety and credential check no later than thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of each scheduled game. Any player not providing the proper player pass will not be allowed to participate in the game. Player jersey number must match the jersey number on the game card. If the numbers don’t match, the referee is not to allow the player to take part in the match until this issue is resolved. The Field Marshal will report the results of the inspection to the referee. All games will begin on time. A team who fails to report by the scheduled kick-off will forfeit the game.
GAME CARDS AND PLAYER PASSES:
Game cards will be provided at the field by the Field Marshal. The Field Marshal will hold the game card and the player passes during the game. Player passes will be released to the team at the conclusion of the game when authorized to do so by the referee in charge and after both coaches have signed the card. HOME TEAM: The Home Team is the first team listed on the game schedule and will change jerseys in case of a color conflict (assuming the home team is wearing their dark kit and the visiting team is wearing their light kit). If a Showcase ball is not available, the Home Team will provide a suitable match ball. The game ball will be subject to referee approval.
LENGTH OF GAMES:
U15-U16: 40 minutes per half
U17-U19: 45 minutes per half
Substitutions can be made at any dead ball situation, by either team, unlimited.
A team who fails to report ready to play by the scheduled kick-off time or who cannot field a minimum of seven (7) players at start time will forfeit. Teams failing to check in at the Mandatory Check-in or for taking actions which cause a game to be terminated will forfeit. All teams who forfeit will have the game(s) scored a 0-3 loss. The winner will be awarded three points.
FINAL GAME SCORE:
All games when concluded will be considered final as determined by the game referee. The score indicated on the game card cannot be disputed after it is turned over to the Field Marshal. Field Marshals will report match results to the tournament headquarters. Referees will report ejections to tournament headquarters.
Teams will be awarded points on the following basis: Three (3) points for each win, one (1) point for each tie, zero (0) points for each Loss. Official standings will be kept on the showcase website.
TIE BREAKER SYSTEM (IN ORDER):
- Head to Head (where applicable)
- Goal differential (goals scored versus goals against with a maximum of 5 goal differential per game).
- Most goals scored (up to 6 goals counted per game if we get to this stage).
- Fewest goals allowed
- Kicks from the mark
Players will be allowed to play in a soft cast, at the discretion of the Referee. Players with hard casts will not be allowed to play. Players with hinged braces (metal or plastic) will be allowed to play “provided that the hinge has a protective cover over it”. All players are required to use shin guards at all times.
The game balls will be supplied by the Tournament and will be subject to referee approval.
The Home Team will be the team that appears first on the game schedule. The Home Team will wear DARK colored jersey and will change jerseys in the event of a color conflict as declared by the referee. The Visiting Team will be the team that appears second on the game schedule. The Visiting Team will wear LIGHT colored jerseys.
TENTS & BENCHES:
We will provide tents and benches for the players on the team side of the field.
No protests will be heard. The referee’s decision is final.
DECISIONS AND DISPUTES:
Decisions relating to the interpretation of the Showcase Rules can only be made by the Showcase Director. Decisions will be final. Disputes relating to the interpretation of these rules or other matters will be resolved by the Showcase Director or their designee with the administrators/coaches that are registered with the involved team(s). Individuals may not represent a team if not registered as an administrator/coach with the involved team(s).
RULES OF CONDUCT:
The following rules of conduct apply:
- Bench areas for each team will be established on the same side of the field during games. Spectators will occupy the opposite side. Coaching will be allowed from one’s own bench area only.
- All coaches have complete responsibility for the conduct of their players, bench, and spectators at all times.
- If, in the opinion of game officials, a game must be terminated for misconduct of players, bench or spectators, the offending team can be suspended from further play and forfeit that game and all remaining games. In this event, all previous points earned remain as played.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted on the Showcase grounds. Team members or Team parents found in violation of this rule will result in forfeiture of the games played by their respective team and suspension from the Showcase.
- A player given a red card in a game shall be expelled from that game and shall not be permitted to play in the next game at a minimum (a double yellow card ejection will warrant a 0 game future suspension). The player MAY NOT be replaced in that game. The Showcase Disciplinary Chairman may give a further suspension for violent conduct. Individuals expelled from a game will have their State Association sent the specifics regarding the expulsion and the action taken by the Showcase Director and/or Disciplinary Chairperson. For CONCACAF teams, the Showcase Director will notify the US Soccer Federation of disciplinary action taken and the Federation will transmit the disciplinary action or required to that team’s provincial or national association. Coaches ejected from a match will receive an automatic two game suspension (minimum disciplinary action) and can’t position themselves at or near their team’s matches during their suspension. Minimum distance away is 300 yards.
- Teams are responsible for removing trash from around their area after each game.
RESCHEDULE OF GAMES:
There will be no stoppage time and the clock will continue running in the event of injuries or other delays of game. In the event of an unusual situation that results in a significant loss of game time, the lost game time may be rescheduled at the discretion of the Showcase Directors. The rescheduling of the lost game time is subject to field availability. An example of an unusual event would be a major injury to a player, which prevented the use of the playing field. The Showcase defines a significant loss of game time as more than half of the game. An accumulation of time delays due to minor/moderate injuries to several players would not constitute an unusual event nor will these delays be considered lost game time. An accumulation of time delays resulting from the normal course of a game will not be considered lost game time. A game will be considered official when one half has been played. When only one half can be played, the official score will be the score at the end of the first half.
In case of inclement weather or field conditions, games may be: shortened, go to FIFA kicks from the mark, or be canceled. There will be no refunds or reimbursements of the Showcase application fee for cancellation or forfeiture of games.
The Showcase Director reserves the right to amend brackets in the event that a team pulls out of the Showcase at the last minute or is a no-show. The Showcase Director will ensure the remaining teams are provided with the best possible showcase competition play for the good of the game. Please remember to get your player cards back from the Field Marshall at the end of each game. In instances of red cards, player passes must be retrieved from the Showcase Headquarters at the Sports Park.